Last updated on June 21st, 2021
If you want to start a travel blog in 2021 and make money traveling. Don’t worry WordPress makes it easy for you. With WordPress, You can start a travel blog just a few steps away in 2021.
A WordPress travel blog is the best way to share your travel experiences with others. There are millions of people around the world who love to discover new tourist destinations by reading a travel blog. It is not just a way for self-expression.
You can use it as a source of earning also if you monetize your blogs. Nowadays, most travel companies use travel blogs as a powerful marketing tool to promote their products.
In this article, we will tell you how to start a travel blog in 2021 with WordPress with step by step instructions.
How to Start a WordPress Travel Blog?
To start a blog in 2021, you need to have mainly four things – a sound idea, a catchy domain name, a strong web host, and a WordPress account. If you have all of these, you can create a blog following a few easy steps. Here are the 8 simple steps that you need to follow –
Step 1. Choose a Unique Name
The first step towards creating a WordPress travel blog in 2021 is to select a unique domain name. A domain name is a name that appears on your URL. It becomes your identification in the web world. Your audiences know you by this name.
Therefore, you need to be very careful while choosing a domain name. It should reflect your niche and your objective. Nowadays, you can purchase your domain name from your web hosts. But, availability is a factor. You should always keep four to five options ready because you never know which one will be available for you.
Step 2. Choose Hosting Provider
After you find a suitable domain name, now it’s time to go for a hosting service. The web hosting makes your website accessible for your readers. The market is flooded with hosting service providers. Each comes with its own unique features. It is quite obvious on your part to get confused about which one to go for.
While you start a travel blog in 2021, your blog page loading is a google ranking factor, so choose a good blog hosting. Keeping that in mind we would recommend Bluehost. The reason is, it is the official website hosting service provider for WordPress. It is so user-friendly, fast, and comes at a reasonable price.
Step 3. Install WordPress
There are many advantages of installing WordPress on your local device. It increases your safety and security and also helps you to keep a track of your blogs easily.
- Sign up with Bluehost and create your account
- After the signup process is complete, Bluehost will send you a mail with instructions about how to log in to the customer area
- Once you log in to the customer area you will receive a wizard from Bluehost which will guide you through the WordPress installation process
- In case you don’t find any such wizard, navigate to the “My site” area and click on the “Create Site” button to get the wizard
- Fill in all the necessary details like username and password that you will require to manage your blogs in the respective fields
- After you complete the installation process, you will be able to access your WordPress dashboard by going to yourdomain.com or wp-admin
Overall, Bluehost one of the best web hosting for beginners. If you haven’t signed up yet with Bluehost, make sure to click here to get a discount price.
NOTE: IF YOU DON’T PREFER TO START A BLOG WITH BLUEHOST, YOU CAN START A BLOG WITH HOSTGATOR.
Step 4. Get WordPress Travel Blog Theme
Now it’s time to choose a perfect travel blog theme. A theme defines the look of the blog. And, that is an important thing that your users notice. They feel like going through a blog only when they find the look attractive.
So, the look is one of the most crucial elements of a blog website. You need to be very careful while selecting your blog theme. There are tons of options available in the market. We would recommend WordPress Travel Blog by CyberChimps.
CyberChimps Travel Blog Theme is a free responsive template that comes with the theme Responsive Pro. it offers you multiple pre-designed pages. You can import these with just a single click, add your details, and hit the “Publish” button to make your pages live.
You can edit your details afterward by using the drag and drop editor. There are predefined content layouts, menu builder, and many sidebar layouts. The theme has many header and footer options. It lets you add sliders and carousels to your site to make it more impressive.
WordPress Travel Blog is cross-browser compatible and SEO ready. It is WooCommerce integrated. This feature helps you to monetize your blogs easily. You can translate this fast-loading template into any language. Check the CyberChimps travel blog theme for free.
Step 5. Create About Us Page
When people read your travel blog, they want to know about you. Who you are, where you come from, what are your interests all these questions come to their mind. To answer these questions, a nicely structured about us page is the best option.
If you are an individual travel blogger and write about your travel experiences, it helps you to develop a better connection with the readers. Or you wish to run a travel company, on this page you can talk about the services you offer.
If you use the WordPress Travel Blog theme from CyberChimps, creating an about page is even easier than you think. You can either use a ready-made pre-designed template or you can create your own page as per your choice.
The theme is compatible with all modern drag and drops page builder plugins. You can go for Elementor, Visual Composer, or whatever you want in case you want to design a classy and professional landing page. Check out the CyberChimps travel blog theme for free.
Step 6. Add Images and Information
Images are the lifeline of a travel blog. People read travel blogs mainly because of reasons. Either they want to know about the places and explore the scenic beauty or they want to know how to go there. In both cases, images play a vital role to satisfy the readers.
Use your original images as much as possible. It will make your blog unique. Try to build a pictorial story about the major attractions of a travel destination. If you are into the hospitality sector or run your own travel agency, add your product images to your blog.
But, never forget to optimize your images. Use small sizes and add proffer alt tags. It is a good practice to use keywords in the alt tags.
As a WordPress travel blogger, you should always give adequate information to your readers. Think from their point of view and try to find out what kind of information they will be interested in. Accordingly write your blog.
But avoid information overload. Balance information with the emotional touch that you add to your writings. Remember, what people usually look for in a travel blog is infotainment. You have to design your blog that way.
Step 7. Write Your First Blog Post
Now, you are at the most crucial stage. You are all set to write the first blog post. For that purpose, here are the steps you need to follow –
- Head on to your WordPress dashboard
- In the left sidebar, you will find a “Post” section, hover over it
- Now, click on the “Add new” button
- The WordPress editor will be launched
- Draft your blog using the easy to use content blocks
- You can add text, images, video, and links to your blogs using WordPress
- WordPress offers you a drag and drop interface, all you need to do is just pick up a block and place it wherever you want
- Once you are done, check the preview by clicking on the preview button in the top left corner of your screen
- If you are happy with the preview, hit the “Publish” button to make your blog live
NOTE: Before you write a blog post make sure you do proper keyword research for your blog post.
Step 8. Promote Your Blog on Social Media
One of the easiest ways to increase your traffic is to promote your blogs on social media. Here are some tips shared by Social media experts –
- Add a social sharing button to your blog and ask your readers to share it on Twitter, Facebook, or elsewhere using the button
- Create an official Facebook page and share your blogs there
- Share the Images on Instagram and give your link in the description
- Create YouTube videos and give your links in the description box
- Send direct messages via email to people who have shown interest in your blogs before
FAQ’S: Travel Blog
In this article, we tried to show you how to Start a WordPress travel blog. We have also shared with you some valuable tips given by expert writers to make your blog more attractive and interesting.
But, all the tips that we shared are very generic in nature. You know your audience better. So, you only can understand what they will like the most. Try to feel their pulse and then give them what they want to read. If you can meet their level of expectations, you are bound to succeed. There is nothing that can stop you.
- How much does it cost to start a blog in 2021
- Does It Still Makes Sense To Start A Blog In 2021?
- Is it better to use WordPress for my blog?
- Beginner Blogging Mistakes to avoid
- Is it Worth Paying for a Blog theme
- How to start a blog and make money from blogging
Hope you enjoy This blog post…
If you have any questions share them in the comment below… For any further discussion Join Our VIP Group!